Sunday, October 2, 2011

Productivity and Technology

This past week, I took the time to really look at google applications and I have to admit. I think I'm in love. Dashboards I have always liked. I have tried netvibes and pageflakes but for my own style, I love iGoogle. I made it my home page and as a middle school teacher and college teacher with two kids, two dogs and a hubby, it keeps me sane. I love my google calendar, my to do list, my favorite feeds right there at my finger tips. I have also included my skype and twitter accounts as well as a map and calculator, things I use often. Hats off to Google. When it comes to dashboards, iGoogle is by far my favorite. Ok, I like playing with gadgets too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Skype in the classroom! I've asked my students about it. We brainstormed and came up with three great ideas:

    -using it for extra help (teacher has one hour per week scheduled for Skype extra help)
    -students collaborate for projects and/or discussions about curriculum
    -communicate with other students/schools to share work

    Now that I've had the chance to try Skype, I'm trying it out with friends as well for more practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Skype in the classroom. I talked to my students about it and we came up with three ways that It could be used in the classroom:

    -teacher “skype hours” for extra help…students could log on and get extra help if needed during a one house session each week
    -students can collaborate on group projects or discuss curriculum through skype
    -students can talk to and share work with students at other schools anywhere in the world…a VERY cool thought!

    I’ve been attempting to skype a bit with friends. I find myself using the shat feature rather than the video feature. I’m a work in progress… :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Google seems, to me, more easy to navigate and customize. I’m slowly but surely trying out google calendar. I’ve had my gmail account for quite awhile now and I find it easy to use, so not surprisingly, I think I’m taking to igoogle better than netvibes.

    ReplyDelete